Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, oven-baked cauliflower okonomiyaki. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Okonomiyaki (literally means 'grilled as you like it') is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. Better known as 'Japanese pizza' in the US. Lay the cauliflower and broccoli slices on the prepared baking tray, and brush with the spice mixture, turning over to coat both sides.
Oven-baked Cauliflower Okonomiyaki is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Oven-baked Cauliflower Okonomiyaki is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook oven-baked cauliflower okonomiyaki using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Oven-baked Cauliflower Okonomiyaki:
- Take 1 cup SR Flour
- Take 1/2 cup Water
- Make ready 2 Eggs
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 1/2 Cauliflower *thinly sliced
- Get 200 g Thinly Sliced Pork
- Get 1/4 cup Corn Kernels
- Make ready Okonomiyaki Sauce
- Prepare 50 g Cheddar Cheese *cut into 1cm cubes
- Take Japanese Mayonnaise
- Make ready 1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Why don't you bake it in oven just like pizza? You can make very large Okonomiyaki at a time and you don't need to flip it over. Again I used pork and cabbage in this recipe. These can be substituted for any ingredients at all.
Steps to make Oven-baked Cauliflower Okonomiyaki:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Make batter by mixing the Flour, Water, Eggs and Salt.
- Add thinly sliced Cauliflower to the batter and mix it well. Add Corn Kernels and Cheese pieces and combine.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread the mixture on the trays and cover with Thinly Sliced Pork.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until Pork is brown and crisp and the Cauliflower mixture is cooked.
- Place the Okonomiyaki on a large plate or board. Dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise. Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and serve.
Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper on a baking sheet; sprinkle with the salt and thyme and toss again. Place pork in a roasting pan large enough to fit pork snugly. Roasting cauliflower brings out a deeper flavour than boiling or steaming. Chop it into steaks, break it into florets, or simply bake it whole - there's certainly more than one way to cook a cauli to perfection. Now add your cauliflower and that tasty GENERAL TSO SAUCE.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food oven-baked cauliflower okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!